The Autonomous Region Of Bougainville
There aren’t many places left like this in the world.
This is a project I have put my heart and soul into.
The film documents my personal experience in this beautiful part of the world.
A film by Zane Wilson
Exploring what this place has to offer, from the untouched tropical islands to the remote mountain villages and all the amazing people that come with it. This is an experience I will never forget.
10 days so far in the autonomous region of Bougainville. Coming into this trip not knowing what to expect, it has been an adventure like no other.
See the full details 10 day Bougainville Experience Tour
Experiencing village life in the mountains, being the first person in history to fly a drone over certain villages and showing the people their home from above for the first time was truly a special moment.
Then moving to the coastal life, watching kids paddle their way to school on canoes and live sustainably from the ocean and the land. Their way of life eye opening and something people all over the world can learn from.
Bougainville is home to the friendliest people on earth, being treated like family everywhere we go.
It was hard to say goodbye to such an amazing place.
A huge Special thanks to Zhon Bosco, Colin Cowell and the team of Bougainville Experience Tours and all the sponsors (see Listed Below ) for supporting this film project, thanks to them I have been able to capture moments I have only dreamed of.
Stay tuned for more images and a full feature film coming soon. I cannot wait to share this experience with you all.
1.Bougainville Experience Tours
A massive thank you to the team behind Bougainville Experience Tourism for supporting this project. If you are interested in going on a similar expedition like this, get in contact with them and they will assist you in every way possible.
Enjoy the film
2.ABG Bougainville Office of Tourism the land. Tourism Manager : Lorena R Nanei
3.Kuri Resort Buka
4.Rotokas Eco Tourism
5.Uruna Bay Retreat Pok Pok Island
6.Topinang Village Guesthouse
7.Rising Sun Lodge Arawa Town, Central Bougainville
Bougainville has a population of approximately 200,000, occupying two main islands, Buka Island and the larger Bougainville Island with groups of islands known as “The Atolls”, (Nissan, Carteret, Mortlock) scattered to the north east of the main islands.
The landscape of Bougainville Island is rugged, punctuated by two active volcanoes, Mt Balbi and Mt Bagana. The coastline features beautiful, sandy beaches, often fringed by dominant coconut trees. Many fresh water rivers run from the mountainous central corridor, down to the east and west coasts of the island.
The 10 Day BET Features
- Over nights stays in 3 “traditional” villages (mountain and island)
- Experience Melanesian, sustainable, ecofriendly community living
- Experience and share language, cultural activities and performances
- Experience all aspects of village life from gardening to cooking
- An island retreat with fishing, water sports and relaxation
- Travel across island from Buka to Arawa
- Environmental bushwalks experiencing unique flora and fauna
- We will take you on a journey to the “core of culture
- All airport tranfers,4WD transportation and boat hire
- All accommodation in village style comfortable guesthouses
- All meals both western and traditional style
- All entry fees paid to traditional owners of regions visited
- All guiding fees and travel expenses such as bottled water and snacks
- Visits to your interest areas such as health, education, women’s issues etc.
Zane Wilson 18 year old Student Port Macquarie Australia (Assisted by Sam Magennis) Follow Zane Here